[GIFF 2020] Call for Entries
Call for Entries:
Gangneung International Film Festival 2020
GIFF Cinematic Adaption Awards
- Festival dates: 5 November – 14 November 2020
- Festival venues: The City of Gangneung, Gangwon Province, South Korea
- Mission: As a way of exploring relations between cinema and ‘literature’, GIFF launches GIFF Cinematic Adaptation Awards to encourage and discover excellent examples of creative cinematic adaptation based on traditional ‘literary’ texts and more recent, innovative modes of literate expression such as non-fiction, graphic novel and webtoon.
- Best Feature: Cash award appr. USD 17,000(20 million KRW) and certificate
- Best Director: Cash award appr. USD 8,500(10 million KRW) and certificate
- Best Screenplay: Cash award appr. USD 8,500(10 million KRW) and certificate
Submission dates: 13 April 2020 – 30 June 2020
Submit the online screener with English subtitles and Entry Form to email@example.com
(Please download the Entry Form on the web giff.kr or use attached file)
- For screener preview, we prefer on-line download services such as Vimeo and Google Drive. (Contact us if you want to use alternative, independently-operated service.)
- For the preliminary selection process, screeners should not be expired before 30 August , 2020
- Screeners should be either in English language or subtitled in English.
- Only on-line application will be accepted.
films adapted f rom any 'literary' sources are eligible.(See below)
- Running Time: Over 70mins Under 180mins
- Cinematic genre: Fiction, Documentary, Experimental Film, Essay Film, etc.
- ‘Literary’ sources include novel, essay, play, non-fiction, graphic novel, webtoon, etc.:
- Submitted films should be completed after 1 January 2018.
- The selected finalists will be notified individually before the official announcement.
- The list of finalists will be publicly announced at the official press conference of GIFF 2020 in mid-October.
- For more details, please contact GIFF Program Dept.
- firstname.lastname@example.org +82 (0)70 4488 0702