GIFF Cinematic Adaption Awards
- Festival dates : 5 November – 14 November 2020
- Mission: As a way of exploring relations between cinema and ‘literature’,
GIFF launches GIFF Cinematic Adaptation Awards
- to encourage and discover excellent examples of creative cinematic adaptation based on traditional ‘literary’ texts and more recent, innovative modes of literate expression such as non-fiction, graphic novel and webtoon.
- Best Feature: Cash award appr. USD 17,000(20 million KRW) and certificate
- Best Director: Cash award appr. USD 8,500(10 million KRW) and certificate
- Best Screenplay: Cash award appr. USD 8,500(10 million KRW) and certificate
- Submission dates: 13 April 2020 – 30 June 2020
- Submit the online screener with English subtitles and Entry Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please download the Entry Form on the web giff.kr or use attached file)
- For screener preview, we prefer on-line download services such as Vimeo and Google Drive.
(Contact us if you want to use alternative, independently-operated service.)
- For the preliminary selection process, screeners should not be expired before 30 August , 2020
- Screeners should be either in English language or subtitled in English.
- Only on-line application will be accepted.
GIFF2020_Film Submission_for Group
- Feature-length films adapted from any 'literary' sources are eligible.(See below)
- Running Time: Over 70mins Under 180mins
- Cinematic genre: Fiction, Documentary, Experimental Film, Essay Film, etc.
- ‘Literary’ sources include novel, essay, play, non-fiction, graphic novel, webtoon, etc.:
- Submitted films should be completed after 1 January 2018.
- The selected finalists will be notified individually before the official announcement.
- The list of finalists will be publicly announced at the official press conference of GIFF 2020 in mid-October
- For more details, please contact GIFF Program Dept.
- email@example.com +82 (0)70 4488 0702